the whole story 全部故事(情况)
up to the standard 符合标准
unfit for 不适合
have no choice but (没选择)只好
in question 有关的
at the time of 当……时候
take place 发生
make a further investigation 进一步
take one’s advice 接受忠告
NOTES
1. Just be patient, please.
别着急。
Just be patient 是当对方不耐烦、生气时的劝解语。英语中take your time也可以译为“别着急”,那是指时间足不妨慢慢说、慢慢做等。注意两个句子使用场合不同。
--You promised to give us the first opportunity. But now you have appointed them as your agent instead. How can you go back on your own words?
你答应把机会先给我们,可你现在却指定他们作为你方的代理。你怎能说话不算话呢?
--Well,just be patient, please. I’ll make the whole matter clear to you presently.
别着急嘛,我就来把整个情况向你讲清楚。
--Must I finish it today?
我今天必须做完吗?
--Oh,just take your time. You don’t have to hurry.
哦,别着急,不用赶。
--In order to catch the season speed was important, but your producers just took their time.
为了赶上季节速度是至关重要的,但你们生产部门却不慌不忙。
--How can I trust you with my future orders?
我今后怎么敢把订单委托给你们呢?
Do be patient, please. When you have heard what I am going to tell you, you won’t be so furious.
别着急,听完我的话你就不会这样发火了。
1. But the goods you sent us are not up to the standard and unfit for consumption.
但是你们发运来的货不符合标准、不能食用。
standfard n. 标准
We find your machine tools up to the international standard.
我们感到你们的机床符合国际标准。
Your last shipment is above usual standard.
你方上批货物超过通常标准。
We have set up a high standard of quality for our export goods.
我们出口商品制定了很高标准。
3. We have no choice but to lodge a claim against you for inferior quality.
我们没办法只好向你方提出品质(低劣)索赔。
(1)claim on (goods),claim for (damage),
claim for 9amount), claim on the goods against the insurance company for US $2,300 for short weight.
我们已就这批货向保险公司提出短重索赔,金额为2,300美元。
We filed a claim against you fro the short delivery of 145 1bs.
我们向你方提出短交145磅的索赔。
Wqe shall register our claim with you for all the losses.
我们对所有损失都将向你方提出索赔。