in conformity with 与……相一致
You don’t say 不至于吧
to one’s entire disappointment 令……完全失望
as compared with 与……相比较
on route 途中
compensate for 赔偿
have nothing to do with 与……无关
be held responsible for 承担责任
1.We regret to tell you that the quantity of the goods you sent us is not in conformity with the quantity specified in the contract.
我们遗憾的告诉你,你方运来的货物数量与合同规定数量不符。
in con\formity with 又作in conformity to, 前者较为常用。
When you establish the L/C please see that the stipulations are in strict conformity with the terms of the contract.
开证时请注意信用证条款与合同条款相一致。
In conformity with our desire to promote business,ve accepted your offer of 50 tons wool as an exception.
为符合英语培训学校促进贸易的愿望,我们破例接受你方50吨羊毛的报价。
In conformity with your instructions, we have the goods insured against All Risks.
遵照你方指示,我们给货物投保一切险。
2. You don’t say!
不至于吧!
You don’t say!这个句子表示一种惊讶,不相信,有时还含有嘲笑的意思。
--How much do you ask for this house?
这房子你卖多少钱?
--50,000dollars.
5万块。
--You don’t say! I can buy the White House with these 50,000 dollars!
什么,5万块我可以买白宫了。
3. To our entire disappointment, as compared with the total weight of 2,000 metric tons stipulated in the contract, we found a short-weight of 45 metric tons.
令我们完全失望的是,与合同规定的2,000公吨总数相比,我们发现短重45公吨。类似to our disappointment 的短语还有:
to our gteat regret 令我们遗憾的是
to my great pleasure我们感到十分高兴
to the great satisfaction of our buyers令我们买方满意的是
to their dissatisfaction使他们不满
to our surprise令我们惊讶
To our regret, we can’t increase our supply for the moment as our manufacturers have so many back orders to catch up with.
我们很遗憾现在不能增加供应量,因为厂方有许多过期订单要赶着完成。
To our satisfaction, you will make us an exception by allowing 5% discount.
你方愿意破例给予5%折扣,我们感到很满意。
To the great dissatisfaction of our coustomers, the quality of your first shipment is not in accordance with the specifications.